Bangkok Street Dogs

A place to learn about the lives of street dogs in Bangkok, Thailand, with emphasis on the individual characters of the Bangkok street dog community and their stories of hardship and humor.

View Casanova's Welcome Message

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Confronted By Indecision

storedog

Man, with so many beverage choices, what's a thirsty dog to do? I feel like I need a tour guide just to help me decide what to get!

Anyway, I'm Ralph, a 3.5 year old mixed breed who lives near Sukhumvit 101, and could probably stand to lose a few pounds. I'm not self conscious about it at all though. I eat whatever I want, whenever I want, and I don't subscribe to the notion that dogs should ever have to calorie count. Life is so short, and sometimes, full of suffering -- why not have fun?

(OK, so I stole the above line from the Woody Allen movie, 'Vicky Cristina Barcelona', which is one of the better films I've seen in a while).

Anyway, so yeah, I'm trying to figure out what to drink -- should I go for the milk, or satisfy my perpetual sugar craving with a nice, fructose-loaded iced coffee? Oh, and I will probably be needing a snack as well, which adds even more weight to the drink decision.

6 Comments:

Blogger Matron said...

Actually, I think dear Ralph is looking at those cookies to dunk into his milk as well! Go for it Ralph! my hero

1:24 PM  
Blogger La Louve said...

:)

8:39 AM  
Blogger Joviel said...

He's adorable... so chubby ..lol.. makes me wanna give him a * BEEEEG hug *
and one to you too, Cass :D

10:47 PM  
Blogger AngelBean said...

Hi, I only just found your blog and I think it's great.
I found the most traumatic part of Bangkok was seeing all those poor pooches on the street and immediately started researching charities when I got home.
Your blog has really helped me and reassured me.
How do you do it?

9:55 AM  
Blogger Melinda said...

I just now saw this post -- love it! I think Ralph and I share similar food/beverage values.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Kess And Her Mama said...

Someone recommended your blog to me. I used to live in Bangkok and came across many street dogs. In fact, there was this particular stray near my condo whom we nicknamed Hot Dog coz he was so fat! He was well looked after. One winter day, someone had put on a t-shirt on him!

I'll be back!

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home