Bangkok Street Dogs

A place to learn about the lives of street dogs in Bangkok, Thailand, with emphasis on the individual characters of the Bangkok street dog community and their stories of hardship and humor.

View Casanova's Welcome Message

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Introducing Sam



Meet Sam, a shy, 3 year old brown mutt who in this photo is seen lounging outside a shop in the Chinatown district of Bangkok. He's a quiet fellow, but there's a lot of thinking going on inside that canine cranium.

Sam has been sitting in front of the same shop in Chinatown since he was a pup, content to watch life pass by in the busy way it often does in that part of the capital. It's noisy, dusty, hot, and smoky sometimes, but it never seems to bother Sam or interrupt his thoughts.

If Sam looks a little forlorn here, that's because he just broke up with his girlfriend, Rosie, a 2 year old grayish mutt who I never liked much anyway. I wasn't surprised when she broke my buddy's heart, and I tried to warn him, but hey, sometimes the toughest lessons you have to learn all by yourself.

Anyway, I'm meeting up with Sam later and we're going to head out to the Klong Toey market to tip over a few trash cans and hopefully feast on whatever edible scraps we can find. I don't know of a better way to lift a friend's spirits than to snuffle through some fresh garbage together.

4 Comments:

Blogger Matron said...

Hi Sam! pleased to meet you. Hope you find something tasty in those garbage cans, thinking of you.xxx

5:48 AM  
Blogger La Louve said...

i hope Sam gets over Rosie soon.

You sure do have a catchy eye. it's always heart wrenching reading your posts. Will always strop by, keep writing.

9:40 AM  
Blogger nobo-t said...

Hi! I used to live in BKK and I know there are many dogs living on the streets but I never took a closer look at them like you do. Very good blog! Keep writing.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Dog Days said...

Sam, you look so deep in thought there. I hope you're not missing Rosie too much. And, I hope you found some mighty tasty treats in the garbage. Wish I could give you a big hug.

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home